Italian Companies Across Multiple Industries Utilize IoT to Deliver New Services to Customers
Businesses throughout Italy are increasingly leveraging the Internet of Things (IoT) to deliver valuable services that unlock new revenue channels, as seen from the rapid adoption of the Cisco Jasper IoT connectivity management platform – Control Center – through Olivetti, the digital arm of Italy’s leading Telco & ICT Group Telecom Italia/TIM.
Ever since Olivetti launched Control Center, enabling an innovative managed connectivity solution fully integrated in TIM’s Italian mobile network, business customers across multiple industries have selected the company to launch, manage and monetize IoT services that enhance their customers’ experiences. Key industries in Italy that have seen the greatest IoT adoption on Control Center include:
- Energy & Utilities – Energy and utilities companies including Snam, Italgas and Estracom are leveraging IoT to optimize the flow of information, improve asset performance, increase energy efficiency and provide smart metering services.
- Connected Car & Usage-Based Insurance – Several car manufacturers throughout Europe have recognized the importance of the Connected Car for delivering new revenue-generating services that can enhance the driver’s experience throughout the life of the vehicle. Insurance companies are taking advantage of IoT to deliver customized usage-based insurance (UBI) programs that help reduce drivers’ rates based on how much, and how well, they drive. In this market, Associated Consulting and Infomobility are providing telematics services to leading insurance providers thanks to the adoption of Control Center.
- Retail & Payment – Retailers are capitalizing on IoT to offer new services, reshape the customer experience and enter new markets. Tailoradio, a provider of innovative solutions for in-store video displays and radio, selected Olivetti to connect and monetize their in-store systems.
- Security & Home Automation – Security and automation providers including La Pantera and Sicuritalia are using IoT to accelerate installs and increase service reliability, automate monitoring for rapid response times, and reduce costly truck rolls with remote diagnostics.
- Transportation & Logistics – IoT increases productivity and profitability with 24/7 visibility, automated control, and remote diagnostics for transportation and logistics companies like Italia Distribuzioni, Italy’s first distributor of promotional mail.
“We are giving a strong boost to IoT adoption by companies in every industry," said Mario Polosa, Marketing Director IoT at Olivetti. “Together with Cisco Jasper and thanks to Control Center we’re enabling our customers to bring IoT services to market faster so they can increase productivity, manage costs and deliver exceptional, reliable customer experiences.”
Through the Cisco Jasper platform, Olivetti’s business customers can also easily expand their IoT services globally. Cisco Jasper partners with 33 global mobile operator groups that represent more than 120 mobile operator networks worldwide, so when businesses are ready to scale their services outside of Italy, they can quickly do so.
“Cisco is committed to being the partner of choice for businesses in all industries that want to transform their businesses with IoT,” said Marco Geraci, Strategic Account Manager Italy, IoT Cloud at Cisco Jasper. “Together with Olivetti we’re enabling companies in every industry to introduce new business models and create never-before-seen experiences for their customers, all while generating new revenue sources.”
About Olivetti – TIM Group
Olivetti, a heritage brand of Italian industry, is a wholly owned subsidiary of TIM, Italy’s leading Telco & ICT Group and its Digital Pole. Thanks to its wide range of state of the art SW and HW products, Olivetti acts as a Solution Provider, offering solutions that can automate business processes and activities for SMEs, major companies and vertical markets. Levering on the know-how matured in Machine to Machine, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing and advanced multi-channel sectors, Olivetti has leading edge skills in the digital innovation field. The company has a commercial presence in over 50 countries worldwide, mainly in Europe, the Far East and Latin America.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems and Cisco IOS are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.