[ TURN UP ]
Olivetti is an information technology player with a century-long tradition of research and innovation. Since August 2003, it has been part of the Telecom Italia Group.
Headquartered in Ivrea (Turin), Olivetti offers products and services for SMEs and the RETAIL sectors, and solutions for Large Corporate Customers.
Its 2012 revenues totalled 279 million euro, with international sales accounting for 43%. At 31 December 2012 the company had 778 employees and a direct sales organisation and indirect network of dealers and distributors in 50 countries.
The Olivetti industrial and technological heritage is incorporated in an offer comprising:
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FOR BUSINESS USERS
The product portfolio for SMEs and Large Accounts consists of:
- A new range of PCs, including latest-generation notebooks and netbooks integrated with innovative services.
- The new 10" and 7" touch tablets, for continuous on-the-move connectivity in and outside the office, with vertical business applications for customised solutions.
- Multimedia Interactive Whiteboards (MIWs) for the education sector.
- Graphometric signature: the new at-source document and contract dematerialisation solution for public authorities or the private sector.
- A constantly updated offer of digital systems - multifunctional printers and copiers - for printing centres and print management services.
- The traditional offer also includes office products employing ink-jet technology: fax, printers, calculators and original supplies.
On the software and services front, the offer includes:
- Document Hub: an advanced document management solution delivered in SaaS model, with services for the document life cycle (scanning of incoming documents, mailing of outgoing documents, electronic storage as required by law with assumption of liability, electronic signature, etc.).
- Olitouch, the solution for corporate document dematerialisation, permitting greater speed and simplicity without changing user routines.
- Application Warehouse, a virtual store of business applications including groups of bundled application solutions for specific vertical markets: small and medium enterprises, large corporate clients, local and central government agencies, distributed through the Olivetti sales and service network.
- Olischool, a vertical hardware and software offer for schools.
- PC and data protection software.
The range of products and services includes cash registers, POS systems and integrated software for automated point-of-sale management.
Multiservice terminals and specialised peripherals for a variety of sectors: banking, postal services, gaming and lotteries, transport.
Olivetti markets its terminals directly to Large Accounts and indirectly to the SOHO segment and SMEs. The dealer channel is a vital asset for the company, with about 500 dealers and resellers in Italy, more than 1,000 distributors in Europe and local partners in the rest of the world, mainly in South America, East Europe and the Middle East. The Olivetti organisation provides full service coverage in Italy and Europe, through the Olivetti dealer network and direct logistics and technical centres (more than 2,500 in Italy).
THE OTHER GROUP COMPANIES
ADVALSO, a Group company providing customer care solutions for direct customers and Telecom Italia.